Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wrap up in a handmade Quilt

Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in Love!
I found an old tattered quilt top a year or so ago
It lay upon a shelf in a local antique store.
I picked it up and held it
And wondered from whose home it came
It spoke to me of hands which stitched those tiny stitches
I walked away still thinking
Why was it never finished?
I couldn't get it out of my mind, so back to that shelf I went
This time the quilt top spoke to me and said I need your love and attention
So home it went with me....
That was a year ago.
I began putting the binding on the quilt today and when finished it will be placed upon our bed.
To wrap us in the love in which it was intended.

Check back later for the picture of my old quilt top turned into my treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyWraps Online

FancyWraps Online
Shop FancyWraps